Introducing: The LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 Sheet
“High-Performance Polycarbonate Panels offer 15-Year Warranty”
AmeriLux International is pleased to offer the industry’s most advanced multiwall polycarbonate sheet: LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 manufactured by SABIC’s Specialty Film and Sheet Division. This high-performance, lightweight panel provides an outstanding balance of impact strength and stiffness, excellent thermal insulation, UV protection, flame and condensation control, and long-term high light transmission. LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 is the INDUSTRY’S ONLY polycarbonate multiwall glazing panel available with a 15-YEAR WARRANTY!
LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 multiwall polycarbonate (PC) sheet is available in a minimum gauge of 4.5mm to a maximum of 16mm in the following standard colors: clear, white, opal, bronze, Softlite and Solar Control IR*. An established brand name for over 40 years, the LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 panel is a perfect glazing alternative for a wide variety of horticultural, architectural, industrial, residential, and agricultural applications. Field-proven performance in clarity, strength and light transmission, the LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 multiwall sheet offers:
- LONG LIFE – Virtually No Yellowing! This sheet will not break due to loss of impact strength due to weathering and comes with the only 15-Year Warranty in the industry! This sheet will not lose more than 4% light transmission or change more than 5 Delta from the original yellowing index of 0 over a fifteen-year period. Warranty also covers fifteen years against breakage caused by hail. 100% full replacement value offered for the first eight years.
- HIGH LIGHT TRANSMISSION – This proprietary UV protection on the sheet’s outer surface provides long-term optical quality, high light transmission, and superior resistance to outdoor weathering. This unique proprietary UV-protected surface helps to maintain the superior toughness of the polycarbonate material. UV protection is available on one or both sides of the sheet.
- OUTSTANDING IMPACT PERFORMANCE – Virtually unbreakable, this impact resistant multiwall panel is 10 times stronger than acrylic and 200 times stronger than glass. Even when exposed to harsh weather conditions as well as extreme temperatures (-40°F to +240°F) over a long period of time, this sheet will maintain its structural integrity.
- DRIPGARD FEATURE – A specially developed anti-condensate coating helps create an optimal greenhouse environment. This anti-drip feature on the sheets inner surface reduces the formation of condensation droplets, which in turn prevents crop spoilage and loss of light transmission. In pool enclosures or other damp environments, condensation control helps reduce mildew and fungus growth. Available in all gauges. Currently stocked in 8mm twinwall and 16mm triplewall.
- HIGH LIGHT DIFFUSION – Softlite multiwall sheet’s advanced polymer technology scatters light eliminating greenhouse “hot spots”. The scattering of the light encompasses both the top and bottom leaves resulting in more usable energy to the plant, brighter colors, and virtually eliminates shadows. This 100% light diffusion feature makes these sheets an excellent glazing choice for covering a greenhouse, where the uniformity of the light delivered to the plants is key to successful greenhouse production and higher crop yields. Available in 8mm twinwall and 16mm triplewall.
- EXCELLENT THERMAL PROPERTIES – The hollow channels of the panel’s structure enhance thermal insulation, sound insulation, and impact energy absorption. These outstanding thermal insulation properties of a multiwall sheet make a building more efficient to heat during the winter and help to reduce utility bills.
- TOP FIRE RATINGS – Polycarbonate panels offer excellent flame retardant properties. Multiwall polycarbonate is classified as CC1 in accordance with ASTM D-635 and ASTM E-84 rated Class A for interior surface material. When compared to acrylic, this sheet offers higher flame ratings, which means lower insurance rates.
There is no other polycarbonate sheet equal to LEXAN™ THERMOCLEAR™ 15 in performance! To learn more about these High-Performance Polycarbonate Glazing Panels and the Industry’s Only 15 Year Warranty, please call the Customer Service A-Team at 888.602.4441.
SABIC and brands marked with ™ are trademarks of SABIC or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
*Not all gauges and colors will be stocked by AmeriLux International. Call for availability.